GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
To cover the costs of participation, you have several options:
- you or your organisation will cover the course costs
- you will find a sponsor to enable you to participate, see also www.grantfinder.nl
- you take part with through the Erasmus Lifelong learning programme or Huygens Scholarship Programme (HSP)
- you may apply for a fellowship of the Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP)
The Erasmus Programme is a component of the European programme ‘LifeLong Learning’ from the European Commission for mobility of higher education in Europe. This programme promotes education and training at all stages of people’s lives across Europe. CHE is a member of the Erasmus Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP), making student and staff mobility possible with partner institutions within this programme. The Erasmus code of university is NL-EDE-01.
HUYGENS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The Huygens Scholarship Programme (HSP) is open to students from all countries of the world. It is aimed at excellent students who want to come to the Netherlands in the final phase of their bachelor’s studies or during their master’s studies.
NETHERLANDS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMMES
The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) are demand-driven fellowship programmes designed to promote institutional development. The NFP target group consists of mid-career professionals who are in employment. NFP-fellowships cover your travel costs, accommodation and course fee. NFP is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the budget for development co-operation, and run by NUFFIC, the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education. In each of the 60 participating countries, a fellowship officer is attached to the embassy or consulate (www.mfa.nl/en)
Important: the procedure to apply for a NFP fellowship has changed. Nuffic has developed an online tool called SOL (Scholarship on Line). You can submit your application for an NFP fellowship online. Applying trough SOL has many advantages:
- It is quicker.
- It saves you the costs of sending a fellowship application form to Nuffic's office in the Netherlands.
- You can check the status of your application online at any time.
- You will automatically be kept up to date about your application via email.
You can download a manual about SOL through the website of Nuffic. Click here.